Thursday, June 3, 2010

I Am...happy to see this embroidery

Laura McKellar
Melbourne, Australia


I Am Bird



I Am series
hand embroidered
digital print on calico
coloured pencil
All images courtesy, Laura McKellar

Laura McKellar mixes digital technology with embroidery in a fresh way.
She works as a freelance graphic designer and says 
"...it's nice to do something hands on after spending so long on the computer"
Well done!
All too often I see images printed on fabric that look pedestrian and unsatisfying as real art.
Laura's work has me smitten and happy.
Please see her lovely blog and other creative work here.
her shop here.
Also, take time to visit her online 'zine, OKAY here
It is a real treat.
Thank you Laura for allowing me to post images and write about you!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Christine,
    Just posted on your discussion on the slowcloth facebook page, and realized that I had just been looking at your blog last night!
    Must spend more time looking at your artwork. Love this embroidery by Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comments on both FB and here!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy reading comments!