Thursday, February 16, 2012

Small Sketches in stitch this past week



These are sketches created over the last weekend.


I've been reading about structures, both cellular and crystalline. These are 2 small stitched pieces that came from my thoughts.


I don't usually use hand-dyed fabrics or commercially dyed fabrics, although I do advocate for using what one has on hand. The colored pieces are from scraps I collected from an acquaintance. 
I will most likely use eco-dyed bits and pieces for a more-fully-realized artwork.









3 comments:

  1. Wow, Chris...I really like these.
    Especially the open, geometric pieces.

    I really, really like the way you connected the threads/floss in them...this dichotomy between free/loose and restrained/attached.

    (Oops, didn't mean to sound all arty-farty. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Petrena. I like the open piece too and you don't sound arty-farty.Cheers!

      Delete
  2. It's always interesting to catch a glimpse of other artist's studies. Will be nice to see your "results"!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy reading comments!